Get involved and have your say
Our residents are at the heart of everything we do. Our mission is to help people live their later lives to the full and we aim to provide a consistently good service.
Listening and responding to the views of our residents, staff and stakeholders is one of our key values.
Find out below how you can get involved and have your say.
We give you the opportunity to be involved in areas across the organisation and this involvement can be formal or informal, for example, being involved in a project group through to attending a coffee morning.
We involve you in the governance of the organisation, service improvement and scruitiny, getting your feedback and also involve you locally at your scheme or home.
If you're interested in becoming more involved please let your scheme or care home manager know, or alternatively complete the 'contact us' form.
Get involved - care home
Engaging and involving our residents is important to us. We constantly seek ideas, feedback and suggestions from our residents and their family in order to continuiously improve our service. Here are some of the more formal ways we gain feedback:
Resident meeting - Our residents meet regularly with our care home manager, they share feedback, staff updates and plan events.
Catering meeting - We hold catering meetings with our chef manager so residents can feedback about our dishes and make suggestions for the menu.
Resident satisfaction survey - Every year we formally ask residents for their feedback in a questionnaire. This is annonymous feedback about all areas of our service.
Relative satisfaction survey - It’s important that relatives or next of kin have the opportunity to share their feedback too. We conduct a questionnaire with relatives every year about our service.
Get involved - housing
There are many ways you can get involved. Here are some examples.
- Editorial panel for the residents’ magazine, New Outlook: Join us and help edit the magazine including writing content and proof reading.
- Resident involvement in procurement: Assisting us in evaluating tenders and sitting on contractor interview panels, as well as Board members.
- Resident involvement in key posts for recruitment: Where you can get involved in the recruitment of the executive team and scheme managers.
- Resident surveys: We ask you about what they think about our services to measure improvement over time and to capture views and feedback about a service or issue.
- Project (task and finish) groups: Involving residents, relatives and Board members, in groups to look at specific services/issues, for example, the website, anti-social behaviour and resident engagement.
- Coffee mornings: Board members to also participate in these coffee mornings
- Scheme meetings for residents: regular meetings at your scheme with the Scheme Manager and Regional Manager.
- Service charge meetings: Twice a year for leaseholders.
- Scheme newsletters: Including a resident's area and 'you said, we did' feedback.
Comments, compliments and complaints
We welcome your suggestions, comments and views on how to improve the services we offer. We also like to know when we've done a good job and met, or exceeded your expectations.
We recognise that from time to time things go wrong and you may feel you have not received the quality of service you deserve. In this case you have the right to complain.
Below is our complaints policy for both our housing and care homes.
For more information and to make a complaint or give a compliment, please contact your scheme manager or home manager.
Here is our complaints policy: Complaints Policy v2 2018[pdf] 513KB
Review us on carehome.co.uk
If you are a resident or their relative or friend we would welcome you to leave a review about the care home you live at or visit on carehome.co.uk. Click on the links below to make your review:
If you have anything you'd like to discuss please contact the care home managers directly - here are the contact details for our care homes.